The 2011 North American Truck of the Year, the Ford Explorer, is a powerful yet comfortable SUV. The redesigned 2011 Explorer includes many innovative high-tech features, a new stylish exterior, and interior and seating for up to seven adults.
The 2011 Explorer is available in three trims: the Explorer, XLT, and Limited. All have a 3.5-Liter V6 engine, available in either front-wheel or four-wheel drive with a six-speed automatic transmission that generates 290 horsepower and has the ability to tow up to 5,000 pounds. It has an estimated fuel economy of 17 mpg city and 25 mpg highway.
● Exterior features include Easy Fuel capless fuel filler, manual single-
zone climate control, rear auxiliary climate control, cruise control, and
Ford’s MyKey system
● Interior features include a first-row center floor console with wrapped
armrest and storage bin, power windows with one-touch down driver’s
window, and a tilt-and-telescoping steering wheel
● Entertainment features include a six-speaker audio system with AM/FM
radio with CD player and audio jack
● Same features as the Explorer, but adds rear parking sensors,
upgraded cloth upholstery, a leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift
knob with mounted cruise control and secondary audio controls, a
keyless entry pad, and SIRIUS satellite radio
● Same features as the Explorer, but adds dual-zone electronic
automatic temperature control, MyFord Touch, Intelligent Access with
Push-Button start and Remote start, a standard rear view camera,
universal garage opener, cargo net, a Sony Audio System with HD
radio and a media hub with two USB ports, SD car reader and
audio/video input jacks, and Ford SYNC
Standard Safety Features
● front seat-side airbags
● Ford’s Safety Canopy system with side-curtain airbags and rollover
● AdvanceTrac with Roll Stability Control and Curve Control
● SOS Post Crash Alert System
With high-class interior quality and high-tech features, the 2011 Ford Explorer is the perfect SUV for anyone.
Check out our great selection of new Ford Explorers and used Ford Explorers.